POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator : Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 20 Oct 2007 18:43:33
Message: <471a8495$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews wrote:
> . . . it's just a simple macro with a lathe object. . . .

It would help if not all the buildings were round.  Even where fashion
or engineering forbids sharp corners, I'd expect most of the buildings
in such a city to be rounded polygons, to use up more of the ground.

I've never used Povray macros, let alone written any, but I'd imagine
that your macro can easily be extended to use prisms (sideways) for
straight walls that match the lathe's profile.

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/
"How'd ya like to climb this high *without* no mountain?" --Porky Pine