POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator : Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Oct 2007 05:17:33
Message: <4719c7ad@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews wrote:
> since you asked, it's just a simple macro with a lathe object.  The
> points on the spline are randomized.  The real trick is the texture--the
> macro picks one of 5 images to use for a texture_map, which creates the
> various patterns of windows.

Overall, it looks very sci-fi to me, and I specially like the glass domes,
but perhaps they are to whitish? I will do these more transparent but also
more reflective.

It's curious how I used a very very similar approach when I first tried this
some years ago... :) In fact, when I've seen your image, for a moment I had
a strange feeling of "deja vu".

Now, I'm not very imaginative for this kind of scenes, but I can pass to you
the advice given to me by a real architect: not even in the future the
cities will be that regular and homogeneous. That is, you need much more
variety in the building shapes and heights... and that's why I abandoned my
"sci-fi city" project: too much planning for a lazy like me. I'm attaching
the final render before giving up, as perhaps it can give you some ideas...

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: