POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator : Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Random Comic Sci-Fi Building Generator
From: Alain
Date: 19 Oct 2007 21:28:49
Message: <471959d1$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/19 19:57:
> Version 3:  Balconies, Domed walking-paths, "Cocoons" and buttresses.
>
> Still working on spires--that's a good idea, though.  I think I'm about done
> with it, so I'll get the code cleaned up and post it to scene-files.

One thing that could be done to give more "deepth" to the windows: Instead of
using white for them, use transparent! Then, add an other instance of the tower
inside the first one, slightly scaled down around it's axis. Give that iner
element a high ambient. Using white of gray can be enough, but you can also use
any pattern you like or some image_map.
Now, if you do a night scene, you use radiosity, the windows will actualy shine
and illuminate the neigoring towers.

--
Alain
You know you have been raytracing for too long when the animation you