POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For the TC-RTC (46 kbbu) : For the TC-RTC (46 kbbu) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  For the TC-RTC (46 kbbu)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 19 Oct 2007 21:04:19
Message: <47195413@news.povray.org>
This will be for "The Mother Hive" due later this year (on the animation
side).

There was a reason I was working on the cliff face.

The rocks and the sand are done with a macro I've developed (and
recently idiot-proofed) that allows me to turn any rectangular region of
the y=0 slice of a pigment into a height field.  Putting a bunch of them
together creates a landscape that can be arbitrarily extended in any
direction.  More macro code allows only the height fields that are
on-camera to be parsed into the scene, and another one enables splitting
height_fields that extend below the viewpoint (otherwise there was a
level-of-detail situation that crashed POV-Ray).

I originally wanted to have the cave be much more natural-looking on the
outside, but I the SDL Muse did not bless me with a way to do it, so I
modeled the entrance this way to save time.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: