POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Pumpkins : Re: Pumpkins Server Time
1 Sep 2024 10:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pumpkins
From: Chris B
Date: 17 Oct 2007 11:22:17
Message: <471628a9@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote in message

> "Allen" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>> Hey, I need some help locating either a free 3d pumpkin or (better) some
>> help in developing a pov macro.  I need something that looks quite a bit
>> like a real pumpkin... pumpkins aren't symmetrical.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Allen

Hi again Allen,

Inspired by your request, I've done a little more work on the pumpkin and
published an enhanced version (still at http://lib.povray.org).

The new version generates the pumpkin from a macro with options for how
regular the shape is, how many segments it's made of, whether to cut a
Halloween face in it and whether or not it has lights in it. I've randomised
a lot of stuff so you can call the macro multiple times within the same
scene and get different pumpkins each time. I've added an HTML document to
describe all of the optional settings available (which all have defaults).

Regards,
Chris B.