POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Pumpkins : Re: Pumpkins Server Time
1 Sep 2024 10:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pumpkins
From: Chris B
Date: 17 Oct 2007 03:52:20
Message: <4715bf34$1@news.povray.org>
"Allen" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4715a7195abfc96a8150d13b0@news.povray.org...
> Hey, I need some help locating either a free 3d pumpkin or (better) some
> help in developing a pov macro.  I need something that looks quite a bit
> like a real pumpkin... pumpkins aren't symmetrical.
>
> Thanks,
> Allen

Hi Allen,

By pure coincidence (not that big a coincidence as Halloween is just round
the corner) I uploaded a pumpkin to the new object collection at
http://lib.povray.org just last night. It's CSG and each segment position is
randomised a little, but you could easily randomise it more. To get a less
regular shape you could also replace the definition of Pumpkin_Segment,
which is currently a squashed sphere, with a similar but less regular shape
(e.g. Blobs with a degree of randomisation). If you need help on that I'd be
happy to oblige.

If it's not for Halloween (making it quite a coincidence) and you want a
whole pumpkin, rather than one with cut-outs for eyes, nose and mouth, you
can simply delete the holes from the CSG.

Regards,
Chris B.