POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 beta availability : Re: 3.7 beta availability Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 beta availability
From: andrel
Date: 15 Oct 2007 15:00:57
Message: <4713B9EC.80405@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> Fa3ien <fab### [at] yourshoesskynetbe> wrote:

>>>   Look who is talking.
>
>> You have an obvious and long-standing problem about diplomacy
>> (and nuance, distance,...).
>> Face it, and do something about it. Please.
>
>   It's quite amusing how people make reproaching posts which themselves
> are exactly what they reproach about.
>
>   First someone blames me of posting totally unnecessary responses...
> in a totally unnecessary post.

It wasn't unnecessary. It was meant to reassure a fairly new person here
that it was not his fault that he got flamed from a direction that he
was not expecting. I considered it very likely that after such a
treatment this person was so scared that he would not come back. As you
know one of the explicitly named sins in POVray news group is harassing
  someone to the point that they leave. Hence my attempt to undue the
harm that you might have inadvertently caused.
And it was indeed also to try and make you aware that what you wrote was
based on very superficial reading. That you consider it unnecessary
simply means to me that you still don't get it that in a polite
discussion you first try to understand what the other person is saying
before you reply.