POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #8 : Re: Lostguy WIP #8 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #8
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 Oct 2007 09:22:30
Message: <470f7516$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> This is a landscape that I would actually like to visit! It's a really
> compelling image, very original and well-executed. It looks like a fantasy
> painting come to life. The lighting and the blurred background give it a
> "real but fantastic" quality. I wouldn't change a thing (...*except*
> perhaps the featureless white figure...my only suggestion. He's a bit stiff
> compared to all the rounded, sensual forms in the image.)

Thanks for the comment and praise!

I'm rather new to modelling in 3D, and especially organic, recognizable
forms are really difficult to get right without experience. I personally
think I'm better at drawing cartoony-stuff and not so much the realistic
stuff, which is probably why my self-made human-figures in my images
look a little... Bland?
Additionally, I wanted some, hm, "simpleness" in the image, in a way
that you see the ideas as visual representations, instead of real
objects. The grass is rather regular, the path rather clean, the figure
rather simple, etc.

Maybe someday, some ultra-realistic, subsurface-scattered, mind-boggling
digital human being might be rendered from my end, but that's still some
experience and practice away. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--