POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #8 : Re: Lostguy WIP #8 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:13:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #8
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 Oct 2007 09:14:18
Message: <470f732a$1@news.povray.org>
sooperFoX wrote:
> I must admit that I have not seen the earlier versions, but I like this one.
> Were you going for a semi-cartoon look? I think it works very well as a nice
> blend.

Yup, semi-cartoon, half-realistic, this mix-style has many names. ;-)

> One small nitpick (sorry!) - I think one of the signs should read
> "Heartbreak" rather than "Heartbroken", just to be consistent with all the
> others.

Hm, that's if the signs are just leading somewhere. Maybe they're also
signs leading you when you are in a certain situation? (Just giving fuel
to thought... ;-)

> Also I don't see "Debt" anywhere! Or is that it hiding behind "Stress"? ;-)

Ooooh, there are a couple ones hiding behind the others, which is a
shame, really. Overall, 50 different things and only a couple dozen are
really readable.

> If you plan on making additions to this scene at a later date I could
> suggest maybe a signpost and just the bottom tip of a sign (words not
> visible) in the extreme foreground - maybe way over on the right edge (so
> as not to obscure the man). I think it would complement the signs way off
> in the distance nicely, and add to the 'magnitude' of this man's
> helplessness.

> Well please don't take these as criticisms because they were not intended
> that way. I love this image, the atmosphere and the composition; plus the
> subject is something I think we can all relate to.

No, don't worry, constructive criticism is okay! Suggestions, different
points of view, that's what I try to get when I post things here in the
newsgroups where people can comment. It's still up to me if I want to
implement a suggestion or not, I don't feel obliged to obey. ;-)

> Great work!

Thank you!

Regards,
Tim