POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: Chris Cason
Date: 10 Oct 2007 18:18:43
Message: <470d4fc3$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean. Access is all by batch, a gui on that
> machine is out of the question.

if you mean 'gui' as in 'interactive access', yes I understand that -
however there must be a staging system where cross-compilation or otherwise
preparation of binaries are done. specifically, the ability to be able to
run tests (even if by batch) and recompile the binary to see where
optimizations may be made would be handy - though of course there is the
issue that probably installation of such binary would have to be done by an
admin (I presume).

anyhow, I wasn't really serious: I simply don't have the time to pursue
this sort of thing, even if it were possible.

-- Chris