POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Toon shading with POV SDL : Re: Another model Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another model
From: FlyerX
Date: 8 Oct 2007 20:16:44
Message: <470ac86c$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:

> different outline style.
> Text file included with the model:
>       This file is downloaded from www.cg-files.com
>       Mail: sht### [at] yahoocouk

Looks very nice and clean. I would be grateful if you share the
technique for the shading. Is the effect produced only by the material
or did you have to modify the mesh somewhat in POV-Ray too? Is is
similar to the OpenGL trick to show mesh edges?

In PoseRay I made the POV-Ray cartoon effect by playing with the finish
of the material but I could never get the material to show the edges.

FlyerX