POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: andrel
Date: 11 Oct 2007 13:07:31
Message: <470E5955.9090406@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Let me put it this way: what on earth did suggest to you that I though
>> Chris was asking for gui access?
>
>   This:
>
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>>  tho a shell prompt would be even nicer <grin>
>> I don't understand what you mean. Access is all by batch, a gui on that
>> machine is out of the question.
>

>> And why did that not trigger a switch
>> to reread that sentence because you know I have nearly 30 years of
>> experience with programming computers? If you had paid attention over
>> the years you might even have known that I have used punched cards to
>> program computers, not really a gui.
>
>   Then why, when Chris asked for shell prompt access you responded with
> "a gui on that machine is out of the question"?

Because I did not understand his remark "tho a shell prompt would be
even nicer <grin>" and said so. Why would one wants a shell prompt for
POV? so I tried to ask if he wanted interactive sessions for POV,
pointing out that the system is not interactive but only batch driven.

(thinking about it a few days later, I think he meant he did not want
*POV* on a prompt, he wanted access to the beast for *himself*).

If you understood that immediately, you might have told me, in stead you
choose to address me like I am a 12 year old with no computer experience
at all, which IMHO makes you look a bit stupid. ;)