POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: andrel
Date: 5 Oct 2007 15:44:29
Message: <4706951E.7000109@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>>>   And you know, it's possible to have *both* 3.6 and 3.7 at the same time.
>>>
>> Yes but as I won't use 3.7 for the reason stated, that would not make sense.
>
>   So you basically refuse to even try to test your scenes if they work
> with pov3.7 or not? Yes, it makes a whole lot of sense.

What would be the point if I am not going to spend time figuring out
what went wrong if it does?

I admit that for 3.7 I might have done some testing because it does not
seem to offer new features. Most of the other beta's did introduce new
things but testing those would put me in danger of not being able to
render just before a deadline imposed by a third party, so I can't use
them. In short I did some beta testing before, that got me nearly into
trouble, as a result I decided not to do anymore beta testing. I
explained that and all you do is try not to understand me and be
sarcastic, while you could also have been satisfied that your work has
been used in visualizing some cutting edge research. Well, it has been a
laugh. :(

BTW thanks Chris I really appreciate it that you at least try to solve
my problems and make it possible for me to do beta testing again. Would
you be interested in benchmark results for a 256-processor SGI Altix
4700 system? If so I could ask my former PhD student who has access to
one of these.