POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 5 Oct 2007 14:37:49
Message: <4706847d$1@news.povray.org>

> can I disable the warning? I am using the beta for my fyp (for the SMP
> speedup), and my distributed script wouldnt be able to "click" on it.

No you can't disable the warning. This is a beta, consider yourself
lucky they're giving us the chance to test it. They might as well not
even distribute it. If you want SMP and no warning or expiration date,
wait for 3.7 release, or start multiple instances of 3.6 rendering
different frames.

> I am still trying to live with the pain of the splash screen and editor
> window. Rendering a 10k frame animation and using /exit is no fun. And I am
> using /exit instead of /render because of the behaviour difference in how
> file extension is treated. (and no no I am not using batching subframe on
> purpose, I prefer my program to check if each frame is rendered already or
> not.)

Compile your own POV-Ray without the GUI at all. Or I could do it for
you; tell me what CPU optimizations to enable.