POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: andrel
Date: 5 Oct 2007 03:07:51
Message: <4705E3C8.5000307@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> No, because I sometimes use POV in my daytime job to create images for
>> others and I can not fiddle with my system clock.
>
>   Using a beta for your daytime job? That's just silly.

No I am in research, we do these things all the time. Most of my
colleagues use a matlab toolkit that hasn't been out of beta (or even
into beta) for ten years now, mainly because I don't have the time to
tie some loose ends. Apart from supporting the others I do have my own
project. (and yes that involves creating meshes and rendering them)

>   And you know, it's possible to have *both* 3.6 and 3.7 at the same time.

Yes but as I won't use 3.7 for the reason stated, that would not make sense.