POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: andrel
Date: 4 Oct 2007 18:41:50
Message: <47056D30.5030505@hotmail.com>
Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> As I said before, I am *not* going to use the beta until this problem is
>> solved.
>
>   Why? Because of some kind of odd principle? Some kind of protest?
> "You don't do as I say, so I don't play with you anymore."

No, because I sometimes use POV in my daytime job to create images for
others and I can not fiddle with my system clock. I once had that
someone came to me to get an illustration for a paper to be submitted
that afternoon and I used a beta version to create it that just run out
the day before. Luckily for that specific picture I could use the stable
release (after some frenzy rewriting) and the lighting was not changed
markedly between the releases, but it was close. After that I decided
never to depend on a beta that could run out without a new one lined up.