POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta updates : Re: Beta updates Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta updates
From: Alexandre DENIS
Date: 4 Oct 2007 18:30:49
Message: <47056999@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> As I said before, I am *not* going to use the beta until this problem is
> solved. I am probably not the only one, so you are loosing a number of
> dedicated beta testers this way. I do appreciate all the work you are
> putting into this, but I just have to wait for a stable release :( .

Agreed. I'm not testing the beta with real project, because with real
projects you can tolerate bugs but you can't tolerate a raytracer that
stops working after one month. Faking the date is not an option if you have
an NFS server.

I would greatly appreciate to test betas, but it is currently simply not
possible.

Why not add a command-line parameter that make the beta not expire:
% povray +iknowthisisabetaandiwontreportbugsafterithasexpired

Developers of glxgears did it already. The user has to give a command line
parameter to acknowledge that glxgears is not a benchmark.

-a.