POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Victoria Import : Re: Victoria Import Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Victoria Import
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Sep 2007 03:17:24
Message: <46fdfc04$1@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> schreef in bericht

> in the club on crutches maybe, DAZ will crash at least once for every
> export.

Well, at least you are hobbling around :-)
But seriously, I think you got the idea and your renders are really fine,
and that is certainly rewarding.

> Because Daz is very unstable due to direxctx8.1:
> I couldnt have done it without your help.
> I would have never seen those materials you provided, nor created this:

I suppose that was mainly due to your use of OBJuvPOV which is an old
application, not updated since 2000, nor suited anymore for working with DAZ
or Poser figures.

> kept poseRay light but dimmed rgb 1.6 to 0.5
> the materials needed adjusting:
> skin specular was looking like metallic robot: from 0.6 to 0.12
> nails specular 1
> skin ambient 0.88

Yes, mostly you have to tweak different material settings (mainly in the
finish section) in Poseray (or later on, in POV-Ray). This is also needed
when you use Poser like I do. FlyerX explained (I may misquote him here)
that this is mostly due to the very different approach used by both DAZ or
Poser to obtain certain effects, and those are difficult to translate
faithfully to POV-Ray. However, once you have got the feeling for it,
changing values becomes almost an automatism.

Thomas