POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Victoria Import : Re: Victoria Import Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Victoria Import
From: FlyerX
Date: 27 Sep 2007 14:04:09
Message: <46fbf099@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> I dont expect Poseray to run very well on Win98SE and my old Geforce2
>
> that helps alot as it shows how to make the "material" but alas all OBJuvPOV
> did was create a texture_list.
>

> Bangs the MATERIAL
>
> #declare p_map15=pigment {image_map{jpeg "UpDoMBr.jpg" interpolate 2
> transmit all 0 filter all 0} }
> #declare p_map16=pigment{image_map{jpeg "UpDoTr.jpg" interpolate 2 }}
> #declare Bangs__opaque=
> texture{ pigment{ p_map15}
>         finish{specular 0.5902353 roughness 0.03641292 ambient rgb <0,0,0>
> diffuse 0.6  reflection{0 metallic} conserve_energy}}
> #declare Bangs_=
> material{
> texture{  pigment_pattern{ p_map16}
> texture_map{[0 pigment{Clear}]
>             [1 Bangs__opaque]
>            }}
> }
>

> and now seems an impossible monument to achieve materials applied the
> correct parts of the mesh from a texture_list and texture indexed to each
> face.
>
> texture != material
>
> looked for material_list - not found

Although PoseRay was not tested with Win98 you can download it and try
it. Most likely it will work as long as you have the latest drivers for
your card.

I do not understand why do you have to edit the materials and use it on
another mesh. PoseRay exports a complete scene with geometry, lights and
camera. It exports materials because they allow transparency effects.
Cannot define a glass texture and expect the light to bend inside of the
mesh surface.

FlyerX