POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blocks and media : Re: Blocks and media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blocks and media
From: Johan Feyaerts
Date: 24 Sep 2007 12:53:12
Message: <46f7eb78@news.povray.org>
> To add to my what I said in the first post, what I was thinking about was
> giving a site a look that could only be achieved using raytracing. In both
> the above examples I think the elements generated in POVRay could equally
> have been cooked up in Photoshop or something similar.

Don't think I could have made the animated gif  band logo's with photoshop,
while it's a piece of cake with pov. Neither the buttons.
Achieving the same level of detail would be far beyond my photoshop
knowledge. Pov gives you just that extra degree of control and the ability
to produce something good looking even if you're not an expert graphics
designer.
The header and side blocks were made with HDRI, not so easy to do in
photoshop either I think.
Actually the only thing I used photoshop for is to make the background band
logo image of the pages. I started from a greay image rendered with pov and
then made a seamless tile of it and changed the color scheme of it with
Photoshop.
The buttons were rendered with pov on hi res and then rescaled to the right
size for the web page with irfanview.