POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TC-RTC WIP : Re: TC-RTC WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC WIP
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 23 Sep 2007 19:22:05
Message: <46f6f51d$1@news.povray.org>
William Tracy wrote:
> On the off chance that anyone cares what I'm doing, here's a pic. There
> must be something with me and extraterrestrial desert scenes. :-)

> I like how my alien termite mounds look right now, so maybe I'll futz
> with the terrain again. It's way too flat, and just a little too regular.

A couple comments:  I think you need a closer viewpoint, just too much
empty space as it is.  Perhaps a very close and low viewpoint making
them tower into the sky.  Also I'm a bit bothered by the way the mounds
simply sit on the ground -- there should be at least some transition,
like the mud going a little way up their bases.

The horizon in the exact center of the image is generally, aesthetically
considered a no-no, too static.  Either lower the horizon to emphasize
the sky or raise it to emphasize the ground.  I think a low, close
viewpoint (low horizon) whould give you a much stronger image.  But
that's just one person's personal opinion -- take it for what it is.   ;-)

     -=- Larry -=-