POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : intersection tests : Re: intersection tests Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: intersection tests
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 23 Sep 2007 05:06:32
Message: <46f62c98$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Testing against the same object in the next pixel and getting a hit
> doesn't tell us anything. There could be another object in front of
> the object at that next pixel, so it would have to be tested anyways.

You are right of course - we still need to do more tests if we get a
hit. But I'm wondering, does getting a hit allow us in any way to avoid
testing objects "further away" than the one hit?

(I don't know how POV-Ray's bounding and space partitioning works -
especially the new octree thing. And obviously POV-Ray supports infinite
objects and so forth...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/