POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photon speckles : Re: Photon speckles Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon speckles
From: Alain
Date: 17 Sep 2007 09:17:21
Message: <46ee7e61$1@news.povray.org>
NetDave nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/16 20:13:
> I'm sure this is a frequent problem, but I just can't find the information
> in the documentation. I'm rendering this scene with photons and as you can
> see in the attached image the returning rays through the cone are coming
> back as speckles. I've tried some of the photon settings with no success.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> -- Dave

It can be a coincident surface problem: move the cone very slightly up.
It can be not enough photons: reduce the spacing or increace count.
It can be that you exeeded max_trace_level: increase max_trace_level in
global_settings.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you can describe in perfect,