POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Artefacts on a plane with radiosity : Artefacts on a plane with radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Artefacts on a plane with radiosity
From: Alain
Date: 14 Sep 2007 20:36:24
Message: <46eb2908$1@news.povray.org>
In a recent test, I have a flat, white plane lighted with radiosity by a sphere
placed on the side.
The plane shows a square pattern and some shadowed area similar to a bozo pattern.
I post a sample on povrai.binaries.images
The scene follows:

global_settings{radiosity{count 500 error_bound 0.4 low_error_factor 0.2
		}

#default{finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}

plane { y, 0  pigment { rgb 1}}

sphere{<6,3,0>,1.5 texture{pigment{rgb 2}finish{ambient 10}}}

camera {
   location <0, 2, -2>
   look_at <-1.2, 0, 0>
}
--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you think it's a failing of the