POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity and scattering media. : Re: Radiosity and scattering media. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:11:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and scattering media.
From: Alain
Date: 12 Sep 2007 11:58:43
Message: <46e80cb3$1@news.povray.org>
Bruno Cabasson nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/12 08:19:
> Well, I seeked the web but not the documentation. It clearly stated in
> "3.6.2.1.3  Scattering":
>
> The scattering effect is only visible when light is shining on the media
> from a light source.
>
> So I re-formulate: how can I use scattering media in a full-radiosity scene?
> Is it possible? What about the Cornell radiosity example if there is a
> media-filled box in te room?
>
> Bruno.

Light been scattered by a scattering media will affect the radiosity, if "media
on" is set.
Radiosity ray are only affected by the extinction and never illuminate any media.

You can fake it, somewhat, by using an emiting media together with the
scattering media. Mostly work in relatively simple cases. Good with large
ambient surfaces "lighting" simple shapes.

--
Alain
Q. What's the difference between Batman and Bill Gates?