POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Eagle 3D File will not render : Re: Eagle 3D File will not render Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:47:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eagle 3D File will not render
From: Tiger
Date: 10 Sep 2007 18:04:49
Message: <46e5bf81$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-09-07 23:01, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Tiger wrote:

>> Are there any websites where I can download .POV files that are sure to
>> work on a Mac (perhaps they've been created on a Mac)?
>
> The Mac version, like all official versions of POV-Ray, comes with samples
> scenes.

You're right. I just didn't know that .POV files are also known as "scenes".
Good news -those POV files work fine on my Mac, so at least I know that
POVray on my Mac is configured properly and works :-)

I'm still looking at the POV files I have from Eagle 3D, but haven't
figured it out yet.
I do notice that my (Eagle 3D generated) POV files are greyed out in the
POVray file-selector when trying to open them while the ones from the
"scenes" folder that came with POVray aren't greyed out, but are selectable.

So, using a text editor I tried to copy the entire text contents of the
working POV file (a file I found in the "scenes" folder). That way I'll
know that the actual data is correct, but even though I've tried just
about every combination of line-ending and character set I can't get it
to become un-greyed in the POVray file-selector.
Any ideas?