POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bedroom Scene - WIP 2 : Re: Bedroom Scene - WIP 2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bedroom Scene - WIP 2
From: Alain
Date: 8 Sep 2007 21:15:28
Message: <46e34930@news.povray.org>
PovManiac nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/08 17:01:
> "Alfonso Vicente Zurdo" <kba### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Hello, this it is my new attempt to create a realistic scene. It needs a
>> little (much :P) work on the textures, but I'm happy with the result.
>>
>> I hope you like it!
>>
>> As always, I need your comments to improve my job!
>
>    I think that I would use a wooden texture with a bit more definition in
> the grain such as a cherry or perhaps a dark oak. This would provide a good
> bit of contrast.
>    The bed looks a bit flat and could possibly use just a touch of crand.
>
> Technically the modeling looks very good.

"crand" should be avoided whenever you can. Only use if you want to simulate
concreete or sand, and even then, there are beter solutions.
Instead, using a normal with the same patern as the used pigment would be much
more realistic.

--
Alain
SHOPPING MATH