POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boss (372k jpg) : Re: Boss (372k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boss (372k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 5 Sep 2007 14:20:39
Message: <46def377@news.povray.org>
William Tracy wrote:
> Samuel Benge wrote:
>> It's okay. No flames were thrown :)
 >
> If I came across as annoyed, it's because I've been interested in how
> people do 'toon rendering in POV, and was slightly disappointed to find
> that wasn't what this was. :-P

I do plan on making such a render in the future... if I do, you can be
sure I'll share the source ;)

> I get too lazy to draw cartoons by hand. ;-)

What operating system are you running? Depending on the system, you
could get a nice vector manipulation program for free. It would make
things easier in that department. I used Adobe Illustrator (not free,
obviously) for Boss, but would have used InkScape if it worked under
Windows 98. InkScape is supposed to be really nice... possibly rivaling
Illustrator.

Sam