POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boss (372k jpg) : Re: Boss (372k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boss (372k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 4 Sep 2007 21:34:23
Message: <46de079f@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> Is that a character from Hamtaro?

Indeed it is.

> Good compositing of 2D clip art, it turned out very well.

Thank you!

> I sometimes
> use Pov-ray like this as well, and it always feels like swatting a fly
> with a Buick, but somehow often ends up being the easiest way I know to
> get it done.

Lol, it does seem like overkill sometimes. When you consider the
options, it always turns out that POV is much more configurable. You're
not stuck with bad choices. Things can always be changed and
experimented with. Plus, you don't have horrible refresh rates. If I had
done this completely with Illustrator, I would have dealt with horrible
redraw rates which would have slowed everything down. With POV I can
just render a tiny section of the screen, or the whole screen (but
smaller), to get an idea of what the final outcome will be. Gotta love it :)

Sam