POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Next beta : Re: Next beta Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Next beta
From: Vaclav Cermak
Date: 4 Sep 2007 08:43:21
Message: <46dd52e9@news.povray.org>

> Me too. I stopped testing the beta releases because of the intervals
> without a working beta. When I do use POV that is often work related and
> there are just those instances with (other persons) deadlines that I
> cannot afford to not being able to render a scene while fiddling with
> the system clock is also not an option.

I used 3.7 beta for my work in July, fortunately in "working" period
;-). The scene taked forever with 3.6 (about one and half day) and about
one hour with 3.7 beta. Don't know, if I have some problem with my
installation of 3.6 or if 3.7 is so faster.

>> Keep up the good work, it's definitely appreciated. :)

Yes, and I'am looking forward to 3.7 with working radiosity ;-). Will it
have similar algorithm as 3.6, modified to work multithreaded, or
completely new appoach?

Thanks to POV team for their work!

Vaclav