POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boss (372k jpg) : Re: Boss (372k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boss (372k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 3 Sep 2007 21:08:51
Message: <46dcb023@news.povray.org>
scam wrote:
> Wow, I really like this! Love the stylized look, and I'm amazed that you
> were able to get this out of a raytracer.

Thank you!

> I presume you're doing some sort
> of cell shading

No, the character is just a bitmapped box.

>, and that the grass is 2D while the bear is a 3D model?

The grass is a png I created with POV, mapped to 64 layers of a triangle
mesh, which is conformed to an underlying triangle mesh hill. Semi
transparent PNGs are useful for this kind of thing.

The character is not actually a bear, but a hamster from the TV series
"Hamtaro".

Sam