POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] : Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Sep 2007 03:19:24
Message: <46d9127c$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <shay@s.s> schreef in bericht news:46d844e5$1@news.povray.org...

> Yes, a matter of taste. For the purpose of discussion, I'll expand just
> a bit on my tastes and what I mean by "take away from it."
>
> I have a problem with most big-budget films. A massive audience is
> required to make back the money spent on these films. This massive
> audience is too often built by designing big-budget films to attract
> several disparate groups. Therefore, where a small independent film
> might be about a Iskander's discovery of a valuable piece of
> information, the big budget counterpart would be about Iskander's
> discovery of a valuable piece of information; a crusty-but-benign police
> lieutenant who's always getting heat from the commissioner; a
> hard-nosed, hard-drinking detective who thinks women belong in the
> kitchen; the brilliant and beautiful young girl cop who's fighting the
> feminist battle on the force; a hair raising boat chase; and two "gosh
> darn kids" who foil an evil plot against Iskander.
>
> Looking at your picture, I am intensely interested in what information
> Iskander is hearing and to what use he will put it. I know the kids are
> part of the story and dread the point at which the plot will shift away
> to their role in events. For the same reason, I can't watch a movie like
> "Braveheart" or "The Patriot" more than once - too uneven in tone. Some
> love these types of laugh-cry-cheer-sigh epic movies. Yes, a matter of
> taste.

I fully agree with what you say. More, I feel exactly like you!  :-)
However, in the present scene, the kids are part of the story's 'landscape',
not of the plot. In another scene I have in mind, they will reappear, but
again, only as witnesses of something going on, in the same way that the
'observer' (you, me) is a witness to the action.

Thomas