POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors!
From: Shay
Date: 31 Aug 2007 09:48:56
Message: <46d81c48$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> Hmm, I think we generally have different tastes in color. :)
> (Or your screen is much darker than mine!)

And goals. I don't care for any of the cools with your neutral red and
warm stamens. IMO, anything even leaning towards Vermillion looks best
with at least as warm as a slightly cool yellow. Red recedes against
cool, deep colors, which is why I desaturated and/or lightened your blue
and teal.

Orange pulls the stamens out of the flowers, IMO.

Nice image whichever you choose. Looking forward to seeing photos of the
finished project.

 -Shay