POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] : Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Aug 2007 04:09:24
Message: <46d529b4$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> I really must explore lightsys as I haven't done as well with lighting as
> I'd like. I've come to realize that proper lighting is probably the
> biggest contributor to overall scene quality. You've done a fantastic job!
> I especially like how some of the objects and people are partly in light
> and partly in shadow.

Thank you indeed :-)

Yes, lighting is extremely important and, deriving from that, the way
objects and figures interact with the light. Sometimes it comes easily, but
generally I spend a lot of time to arrange things to my liking. In this
particular case, I believe the lighting contributes a lot to the dramatic
effect. I have been a fanatic amateur Black/White photographer for many
years in the past and it learned me a lot about light.

Thomas