POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shore Scene Take 3 : Re: Shore Scene Take 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shore Scene Take 3
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Aug 2007 20:11:14
Message: <46d4b9a2@news.povray.org>
"Skip Talbot" <ski### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> The coloring on the clouds is gorgeous, and I know how tricky media can be
> to work with.  That is quite an accomplishment.

thanks! .... lot's of trial and error

> One thing thing that catches my eye though is the difference in color and
> light between the individual clouds.  Is the light source fairly close to
> the clouds, or are the clouds on the left side of the image in some sort
> of shadow?

the light source on the clouds is white .... it fired up the scattering
media the best. I used emission and absorption to get the color variations.
the macro I wrote accepts enough parameters so I can tweek each clouds
appearance .... and yes the cloud light (in the light_group) is close to the
clouds, and low on horizon, in relationship to the main scene light. the
clouds are all placed at the same elevation (y dir) ..... the left side
clouds are in the shadow of the right side clouds.

Jim