POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] : Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB] Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eavesdropping - final [~110kB]
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Aug 2007 13:13:48
Message: <46d457cc@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message
> This is my final render of the Eavesdropping scene. Radiosity is used, as
> well as Lightsys, and a number of things have been changed since the last
> wip. I rendered is two passes. For the second one, I subdivided the image
> in twenty tiles of 100x400 pixels and rendered those separately (render
> time for each between 1 and 2 hours) and reassembled the image gradually.
> The only reason I did this was to use my PC more efficiently and not have
> to reparse the whole image each time after I would restart the render.
> This final version could probably use a somewhat finer aa and radiosity
> settings. However, I am content with the image as is and want to go on
> with other scenes.

I really must explore lightsys as I haven't done as well with lighting as
I'd like. I've come to realize that proper lighting is probably the biggest
contributor to overall scene quality. You've done a fantastic job! I
especially like how some of the objects and people are partly in light and
partly in shadow.

Jim