POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shore Scene Take 3 : Re: Shore Scene Take 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shore Scene Take 3
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Aug 2007 13:00:54
Message: <46d454c6$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message
> Still a little something that bothers me (just me): I would like to have a
> bit of a depth cue, given by some diagonal line composition that would
> increase the perspective experience. Maybe by rotating slightly the wooden
> walkway? It is not a big issue, and if you want to leave the composition
> as is, that's fine.

Hey ....  maybe if I union the terrain, dock, dory, cattails, and grass
together and rotate them so that the short dock points into the scene at a
diagonal, as you suggested, would accomplish the same effect. I tried to
give the feeling of depth with the cloud positioning, but now that you
mention it, I think I will explore that further.

Jim