POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shore Scene Take 3 : Re: Shore Scene Take 3 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shore Scene Take 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Aug 2007 10:14:25
Message: <46d42dc1$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Looking at my earlier post of this scene I'm not 100% sure what I was
> thinking (color scheme). I like this one alot better, so thanks for the
> gentle nudge from comments.  I was able to get the scattering media in the
> clouds to fire up better by using a light_group for the clouds with
> global_illumination off .... I rotated the light sources 180 degrees from
> orginal positions, so I guess the scene is no longer looking east a
> sunset. I got that idea when reading about the type of scattering media I
> was using as being directional ..... (3.6.2.1.3  Scattering) *snip*
> ....largest when the incident light is anti-parallel to the viewing
> direction. RTFM as they say!!!! The cattails and grass are the same basic
> shapes with different scaling applied. The shells on the low tide area are
> just squashed spheres with specular and roughness settings to give a large
> highlight.

Yes, this looks pretty good, Jim. A nicely balanced scheme of colours, and a
relaxing composition, as Paolo said. Still a little something that bothers
me (just me): I would like to have a bit of a depth cue, given by some
diagonal line composition that would increase the perspective experience.
Maybe by rotating slightly the wooden walkway? It is not a big issue, and if
you want to leave the composition as is, that's fine.

Thomas