POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : smoky quartz (121k jpg) : smoky quartz (121k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  smoky quartz (121k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Aug 2007 17:54:18
Message: <46cf538a@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

Not the best render, but I thought I'd post it here instead of just
sitting on it. I don't know where the extra modifications went; they
disappeared after moving the terminations outward. Oh well.

Anyway, to save time when rendering, I prerendered the shadow with
photons and then rendered the crystal on top of that with focal blur.
Rune's Illusion include file is useful for projecting a prerendered
scene into a scene. I shrunk it down with IrfanView and added color
bleeding (in POV) after that.

I hope you like it!

Sam

Post a reply to this message