POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : topaz (84k jpg) : Re: topaz (84k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: topaz (84k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Aug 2007 19:16:12
Message: <46ce153c@news.povray.org>
Leef_me wrote:
> I agree with Jim's comments, and add my own comments of "fantastic"

Nothing like a little encouragement to spur me on :)

> I've been wanting to do something like this, but had no clue how.
> Nor even the knowledge to ask the question. I started searching with
> the keywords: mineral, crystal and facet; but in over my head.

Your post in p.general was what got me working in this direction. I've
wanted to render crystals with accuracy for quite some time, but always
ended up approximating the shapes, which never left me with a good feeling.

> Thanks for sharing.
> I'll be lirking around hoping to benefit from you hard work.

You're welcome! I hope to release file one in a series of mineral files
soon. Which minerals would you like to see realized? You mentioned
amethyst and fool's gold... what else?

Sam