POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Katana Sword : Re: Katana Sword Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Katana Sword
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 23 Aug 2007 04:55:09
Message: <46cd4b6d$1@news.povray.org>

> Shielded, just because I want it to be.
> Got nothing to do with the fact that there is no blade...
>
> Who wants a blade anyway? That's how accidents happen!
>
> Ok, a pink katana. Should be in everyones purse, imo.
> Bladeless there too, obviously... ;)

Possibly you could work a bit on the handle shape. It is often not of
uniform width or thickness on real katanas, but have a slightly waisted
shape. See example photos here for instance:
http://www.summerchild.com/MyWork.html

It's a very slight effect, but very noticeable when you are used to
looking at the real thing.

Lots of nice blade photos there as well if you decide to make one, of
course :-)

--
Vincent