POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water feature : Re: Water feature Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water feature
From: William Tracy
Date: 22 Aug 2007 13:01:52
Message: <46cc6c00$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I've not posted any images for a while, so here's a close-up from a scene
> I've been playing with for a while. It's a relatively high-quality test
> render of a water feature (it was going to be a flower-bed but I thought it
> might be a little busy for this setting).

Beautiful.

The shiny surface of the sphere gives me an idea. What if there were a
hole bored through the stone vertically, and water pumped through it as
a fountain?

It wouldn't even have to spray in the air--you could just have it
trickle over the sides, with an isosurface or maybe even just some
different normal perturbations of the sphere.

At any rate, it's great as it is. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom wtr### [at] calpolyedu