POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #6 : Re: Lostguy WIP #6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #6
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Aug 2007 19:11:13
Message: <46cb7111$1@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews wrote:
> I just did some quick color-adjustments, adjusting the highlights to more
> yellow and the shadows to more purple, and got this. Just my suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestions and the example!

Dabbling at the color-balance is often best done with post-processing,
tweaking colors in POV-Ray (especially once the rendertimes skyrocket
due to media, focal-blur etc) is very tedious, especially after a
certain color-balance is already established.
The colors you chose are really more cartoonish and illustrative than
mine, it definitely is nice. I'll experiment on that end
(post-processing) later, when the image is done renderwise. Overblowing
colors for example might look nice (as does glare/bloom), but I like to
render at a good quality level whilst retaining all details, losing them
later on isn't a problem, but if you don't have them, you can't get them
back! ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--