POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Katana Sword : Re: Katana Sword Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Katana Sword
From: Alain
Date: 21 Aug 2007 17:46:53
Message: <46cb5d4d@news.povray.org>
Simon nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/21 09:08:
> Of course, if there DID happen to a blade, it could be only partly
> sheathed...
>
> Just a thought :)
>
> "RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote in message
>> Shielded, just because I want it to be.
>> Got nothing to do with the fact that there is no blade...
>>
>> Who wants a blade anyway? That's how accidents happen!
>>
>> Ok, a pink katana. Should be in everyones purse, imo.
>> Bladeless there too, obviously... ;)

A katana is ALWAYS stored sheated, and the same hold true when on a display. You
NEVER completely unsheat a katana unless you intend to USE it. If one is given
to you, you unsheat only a few inches to apreciate the quality of the blade and
put it completely back in.
As a side note: in ALL katana stands that I ever saw, the curve was down, not
up. For both genuine and replicas, full size and miniatures.

--
Alain
Creationism: God made all shit.