POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #6 : Re: Lostguy WIP #6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #6
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 21 Aug 2007 06:40:27
Message: <46cac11b$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I really like it. The background massively improves the image, to my mind.
> And, especially for a hand-modelled figure, that poor lost guy looks
> particularly good. As to the paths looking too much like crackle, have you
> tried an agate pattern? The middle of the color map (0.45-0.55 or whatever)
> can look nice and stringy without the cell-structure that crackle produces.
> It might not work, but could be worth a look!

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try it!

> Am jealous of your impending MacBook Pro. The screens on those machines are
> phenomenal - I'm sure this is the main reason for their relative expense.

Hm, I did compare Laptops of similiar categories, and Macs aren't that
expensive in comparison. What I do know though, is that a Mac will
simply *run* unless something really is broken. And that's something I'd
like a Laptop to have. Though I'm mostly annoyed how often I have to
dabble at my Desktop PC when I update drivers and things go haywire,
it's okay because I figure that *I* make the hardware choices, and maybe
not the best ones, and how can you *really* expect things to work 100%
unless you
a) do it completely yourself (aka Linux or such) or
b) its designed and cared for by a company (aka Apple).

And since I'm becoming a multimedia programmer, a Mac was a sensible
idea to enhance my capabilities and experience with different systems.
You never know what you might end up with, once I'm done and search for
a job. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--