POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors!
From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Aug 2007 20:12:38
Message: <46ca2df6$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> Those two seem to be the preferences of many, and I must say that they are
> the most hamonious. However, I've decided that I prefer for myself the
> slightly more "playful" and "fresh" feel that the teal version evokes in me.
> My original intention was for the flowers to not only be in harmony with the
> rest of the image, but also be rather bold and almost vulgar in intensity.
> The white version has this. The khaki and blue versions make the whole image
> a bit more calm in my opinion (and in the green version the background sort
> of competes with the flowers for attention), while the teak somehow
> preserves the boldness and "attitude", though in a way that enhances the
> flowers rather than competing with them.

Yeah I think that's about right, the teal with the green cast moves
closer to the red/green axis.  So it adds tension and removes some of
the sweet even perfumy harmony with the blue.  But as it moves into
direct opposition with the red it also eats some of the red's saturation
but as youy say, it's a tradeoff that has your personal preference.