POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #6 : Re: Lostguy WIP #6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #6
From: Rune
Date: 20 Aug 2007 20:11:04
Message: <46ca2d98$1@news.povray.org>
Heh, when I read the description before viewing the image, I thought to
myself "Oh no, this might ruin the image, which were perfect in its
simplicity before..." However, when seeing it, I actually really like the
background hills, very much to my own surprise! It is really well executed
and adds to the feel the image already had.

The only thing that bothers me is the paths in the background. They follow
too obviously a crackle pattern. Well, that's not the problem actually. The
problem is that they don't look natural, and I think this would have been my
impression no matter if I had known the crackle pattern or not. The paths
are too dense and they don't look like they have evolved naturally but like
somebody painted them onto the hills. I don't know if there is any pattern
that will make them look natural or if you'll have to hand paint them as
well, like the paths in the foreground.

Other than that, it's perfect!

Rune
--