POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wasting time (111KB JPEG) : Re: Wasting time (111KB JPEG) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wasting time (111KB JPEG)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 20 Aug 2007 13:06:56
Message: <46c9ca2e@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> Stefan Viljoen wrote:
>> A Type-4 planoformic xenomorph forming a dimensionally compressed
>> subtring metasphere to facilitate hyper-luminal velocity insertion.
>>
> Yeah but...it looks like some sort of bag

Who's to say a dimensionally compressed substring metasphere does not look
like a slightly-deflated clear-plastic shopping bag...? :)

> Anyway I cannot dissect how you did this, which is good. I enjoy the

The scene is -very- simple - a few boxes with a cell pattern, inside a
sphere with an emission media. Then a "wrinkles" normal applied to the
camera. The background is (of course) all Chris Colefax, as is the
lensflares.

> imagination and effort. I would like the image more, but you have a very
> harsh color sense to my eye.

Hmm - the "glaring" effect is semi-intentional. I'd imagined some very high
energy expenditures to do the "velocity insertion" (ok - some meaningless
crap I dreamed up) so you'd see a lot of light being emitted. (Of course,
when the insertion singularity finally forms, all of the light will
disappear - insufficient escape velocity for the local gravity gradient...)
Sort of like a focused and precisely controlled fusion explosion (to
generate the tempratures, pressures and focused gravitational effects
necessary to literally tear a hole in spacetime, and thumb your nose at
Einstein).

Ok, for all the physicists here, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
Besides, if you are so advanced that you have the technical capability to
do the above, you probably won't need to..

> Just one of those things.  People differ.
>   I am sure my images all look dark and murky to you.

Not at all.

> -Jim

Thanks for the comments!
--