POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : KHAKI ! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  KHAKI !
From: Rune
Date: 19 Aug 2007 12:14:27
Message: <46c86c63@news.povray.org>
I tried out a few more colors. I gave Christians suggested sky blue another
chance and made a lighter less saturated blue. It looked better. Quite ok.
Then I tried gold to see if really no colors with yellow in would work at
all. Gold looks ok too actually. Not something I'd have on my walls myself,
but it doesn't look wrong. Then, for some reason I tried an average of light
blue and gold - and got a really nice color I thought first was called
beige, but is actually called khaki (according to wikipedia). This is the
first light color I really like as background. So now, I'm even more
undecided... :/

Khaki is up at http://runevision.com/3d/metalandflowers/

Khaki, being light, has the advantage that it doesn't suffer from the
problem that Andrel mentioned:

"If the background color differs too much from the wall color, the first
impression would be the composition of the frames and not what is in it."

Khaki on a white wall differs just enough to be interesting, but not so much
that it distracts from the motive. That said, I don't really mind that much
if people first notice the composition of frames, since this composition is
indeed part of the "art". So as I said, I'm still undecided...

Rune
--
http://runevision.com