POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors!
From: Rune
Date: 19 Aug 2007 06:00:21
Message: <46c814b5@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:
> Rune wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> I'd go for either blue or teal if you don't want to use white (which I
> also like, but some color is always better than black or white, IMHO).
> I'm slightly biased towards the blue, maybe because I've seen so much
> teal stuff lately that it just looks slightly less main-stream. :-)

Hehe, maybe I haven't been exposed to that, because I think the teal one has
something special about it - maybe because it's the exact opposite color of
the red flowers?

I like white as well, but the main reason I'm tending towards blue or teal
is that they make the metal shapes much clearer to the eye. Some parts of
the metal are almost white and don't stand out that much from the white and
light gray background.

> And the green, though a good background to the red flowers, would only
> fit into similiar colored rooms. Green is a very difficult color IMHO
> for rooms and buildings.

Ah yes, you're right. While I like it, it is a very dominant color and
probably wouldn't go well with my room.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com